Important Note Regarding Privacy Updates: This policy may be updated from time to time without prior notice, so please check back periodically. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. If you continue to visit this Website and use the services made available to you after such changes have been made, you hereby provide your consent to the changes.
Email Newsletter & Website
Email Subscribers: We collect and store any information you enter on our website and provide to us through our marketing partners. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, email address, and address information. We may also request, collect and track information about your travel preferences (“Non-Personal Information”) to help us market to you effectively. You can choose not to provide personal information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to register as a subscriber, survey participant, contest or sweepstakes entrant. You may also opt-out of our email newsletters at any time,
Website Visitors: We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this website. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect behavioral information about your online activity, such as your travel preferences. Our goals in collecting this information include helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud. For more information, please see the Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies section below.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting this site.
- To help us customize the content and advertisements provided to you on this website and on other sites across the Internet.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
If you would like to disable cookies, the browser you use should allow you to disable cookies. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the tools offered on our site.
Web Beacons / Gifs: Our third party advertising partner employs a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our Website by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We tie [do not tie] the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personal information.
Analytics / Log Files: As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do [do not] link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
Collecting Information & How We Use Your Information
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may collect personal information (“Personal Information”) such as your name, address and email address from you. Personal Information is collected via voluntary submissions from you. If you do not want to provide us with your Personal Information, you may still access the Website but certain areas may not be accessible to you.
Your Personal Information may be used by us for the following:
- Process your registration and subscription requests and promotions entries
- Communicate with you
- Administer assistance to you when requested
This website may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring websites: If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
- Frames: Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our website. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to www.traveldealsandnews.com.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- if @TravelDeals, LLC is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
Email subscribers can access, delete and update their subscription choices through Subscription Management links found in the footer of any email. You can close your account or request for your email address to be no longer used by contacting us at the email address listed below. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on our site.
- You also can add or update information and close your account as described above.
- When you register as a member on our site, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages from us about special offers. Whether registered as a member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial messages in any such email we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your account or to your transactions on this site, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
Protection for Children and Minors.
This Website is not intended for, and we have no intention of collecting personal information from persons under the age of 18. If a person under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If you are under the age of 18, you are not authorized to access or submit any content or information to this Website.
If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us in the future, please follow the unsubscribe instructions in an email or send an email to us at the address below or call us at the telephone number below requesting to be removed from our mailing list. You will also have the option of clicking on a link included in email correspondence you receive from us in order to remove yourself from our mailing list.
Email Contact: [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Telephone Contact: [954-372-0189]
Please note that there might be a brief delay between when you submit your request to “opt-out” and when it is processed and reflected in our systems; accordingly you may continue to receive communications from us for a limited time after you unsubscribe. We appreciate your patience.
We are committed to using commercially reasonable efforts to maintaining the security of your Personal Information. To help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we adhere to industry standard practices and procedures to help safeguard and secure the information we collect. Although we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect the security of your Personal Information and our system, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, no transmission via the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result of this and other factors beyond our control, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you transmit to or through our Website. Therefore, you assume that risk by using the Website.
Links to Other Websites.
Offers and Promotions.
We may from time to time offer you opportunities that are sponsored or co-branded with third parties. Such content may include contests, sweepstakes or promotions. In connection with such opportunities, the relevant third parties may obtain Personal Information that you voluntarily submit to participate in such opportunity. This information typically includes your contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code). We have no control over these third parties’ use of such information.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our website, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the website. We use this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Blog / Forum
Anytime you post on our blog please be aware that you are posting using a third party application and we have no access or control over this information.
Social Media Widgets